Thursday, April 2, 2009

Famous Album “Poker Face” performed by Lady Gaga at the American Idol

Lady Gaga in a Liberace-ish piano filled with bubbles pounds out "Poker Face." Not my cup of tea at all, the song is very herky Jerky so is she. Like her backup dancers, however, they are wild and fun.




The second part is far more interesting than the opening. I can totally see Blake Lewis makes this song, he was always good to walk that line between unique and strange. The Lady just comes across as strange to me.

Okay, I'm not even sure what to say about Lady Gaga's pinked-out performance Poker Face. Maybe it's what the judges hoped Nick Mitchell could lead to the show. Vocally, she's Megan Joy with more experience. Presentation-wise, she is absolutely Adam Lambert. And I find it hard to see Simon ever recommend this as a song choice. Three judges are on their feet applauding. But not Simon. And I think it is all the comments we need that.

"As the smoke clears," Ryan asks Simon how many of the bottom three are worth saving. "One." "Just one?" Ryan asked. "Just one."


Lady Gaga's performance of Poker Face on American Idol. April 1, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment