Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Hour At The White House

Seeking a "teachable moment" in the wake of his controversial comments about the arrest of an African-American professor at a white policeman, President Obama Thursday Saturday of beer with Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. and Cambridge Police Sergeant James Crowley.

"I am grateful to Professor Gates and Sergeant Crowley to join me in the White House this evening for a friendly, thoughtful conversation" President said in a statement released shortly after the incident.


"Even before we sat down for beer, I have learned that the two men have spent some time together to listen to each other, which is a testimony to them. I have always believed that it brings us together is stronger than pull us apart. I'm sure that has happened here tonight, and I hope that everything we are able to draw positive lessons from this episode.

Watch CBS Videos Online
Read more story click here

No comments:

Post a Comment